Restoration and Refinishing
Since 1981, furniture restoration and custom finishing have been important parts of my work. In my small-volume shop every piece is important. If practical, I maintain original finishes and surfaces. If repair or refinishing is necessary, I maintain sensitivity to the original piece.
Each project begins with a careful assessment that takes into consideration your needs, the extent of damage and the merits of the furniture. After this evaluation, I prepare a written estimate. I offer:
- Repair of damaged parts, replacement of missing parts, including moldings, turnings and carvings
- Reconstruction and regluing of damaged and loose joinery
- Repair of loose veneers, replacement of missing veneers
- Replacement finishes: oils, shellac, varnish, colored and catalyzed lacquers, milk paint, and conversion varnish
- Color matching
- Replacement of period glass and hardware.